Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Men At Arms

by Terry Pratchett.

Years ago I dated a guy who was nice enough, though not very memorable except for the fact that he introduced me to Terry Pratchett.  Not personally (though that would have been really cool, and would have made the guy I dated much more memorable...) but by lending me one of Pratchett's books.  And then another.  And then I was hooked, and now I own all of the Disc World books.

Occasionally I pull a book I've already read off the bookshelf because if you don't, why bother keeping them?  I think I pulled this one off the shelf the other day because I was running out the door, and needed a paperback small enough to fit in my pocket to keep me company while I was out and about, with the generic waiting that sometimes entails.

No comments:

Post a Comment